Monday, May 6, 2013

Last Moments


The eyelids close, for one last time,
Eternal sleep and peace of mind.
My rose stopped blooming, 
My lake is dry, the stream is gone
The last words said, at last it’s right.

Please take me home, and take me now,
I have been gone for a long while.
Those old trees looming
Ahead they are, ahead of wrong,
Instead of a frown, a rare smile.

Expansive fields, the wheat’s like sun
The wind is wolf’s howl in the night.
Stars are the candles of the sky
The pearl-white cloth, the hand stitched flowers
The souls are shining, the light so bright.

The sound of flutes, the mountain echo
I hear now. Despite the miles that lie between,

It’s always been in my mind’s eye
The greens, the colors, serenity of long gone hours.
Loud laughs of kids, my childhood scene.


I know I left; I flew away,
My spirit stayed so wild and true.
Among the fields, the sky, the forest.
And in this endless dream I want to come back home,

Where I belong, back to the freedom’s clear blue.

The last breath taken, the body froze
Cold frost iced up the lips and eyes.
The cries rise up in clear chorus,
I feel alive, the burning fire is finally out of caging dome.
Back to my homeland, at last! I rise.

- Firescales

No comments:

Post a Comment