Monday, May 6, 2013

Mommy


Don’t worry, Mommy,
I won’t come crying,
I’m not the same girl as before.

Yes, I’ve grown up, all right
There have been changes and you noticed,
I suffered pain, I cried for days.

I got betrayed by my best friend,
She didn’t look back, she didn’t regret,
While I was dying at home, lonely.

I got depressed, and hurt, and sorry,
The world turned gray to me that day,
I wiped my tears in the corner.

Oh mommy, not so good after all, am I?
I was on drugs, hung out with bad guys,
I got a gun one time while drunk.

I couldn’t pull the trigger; I guess I wasn’t high enough.
So I just cursed my ex-friend in her face,
I sight so pitiful, I guess.

I didn’t study, didn’t sleep,
Just set on facebook all day long,
Complaining ‘bout my right and wrong.

There’s no mercy for me, however
Isn’t everything for better?
 There won’t be a thing worse, ok?

If I survived the pain of past,
If I am still alive right now,
I won’t give up for all the evil.

Won’t be seduced,
I’m strong already.
My heart turned steel from all the pain.

I got through that, all on my own.
I’m not a child,
Changed from the core.

Don’t worry, Mommy,
I’ll just keep laughing,
Nothing can hurt me anymore.

- Firescales

No comments:

Post a Comment