Monday, May 6, 2013

Beautiful Nightmare


I want to go to sleep. Rest in my bed, and get a good dream. I want to get lost in a fairytale. I want to see you. You will smile and walk away. And I will be running after you, while your image will be fading away. You escaped again.
            I wake up. Who turned the lights on? No. I burry my head in the pillow and fall asleep again, praying to see you.
            I got lucky again. There you are. Sitting on a bench in a park. You look at me with an expression I can’t read. How come you never say anything or even change your expression?
            I come closer, carefully, trying not to scare the dream away. One step, another step and here I stand, one step away from you. You look at me quietly. I am frozen, unable to take my eyes away from your face. You are just as beautiful as ever.
            I don’t even know who you are. One time I just saw you passing by on the street, and met your gaze only for a second. I was stunned by you, and ever since you have been visiting me at night. Never saying a word.
            I love you if it is possible to love a dream, or almost a dream. And now… it’s the first time you I am so close to you. I can’t say a word - my lips are paralyzed.
            Oh no…you are fading. I reach out, but it’s too late. You disappeared. I am standing alone in a dream park, tears running down my cheeks.
            And then I wake up. I lie quietly just staring at the ceiling. Maybe next time, I say to myself and this thought calms me down. I go back to sleep, but this time without you.

 - Firescales 

No comments:

Post a Comment